Tuesday, September 6, 2011

my baby is a high-schooler.....

sniff....
austen started 9th grade today. 
9th grade!!!
how does this happen?  he was just in kindergarten last year, or was that two years ago....
this mama is having severe anxiety about her boy growing up.
it is all happening too fast.
high school starts much earlier in the morning than middle school.  he has to get up an hour earlier than he did last year, which was 6:30 am.
5:30 am is ear-ly!
so we had everything ready last night.

backpack packed....check....
cereal and bowl set out.....check...
ninth grader showered, dressed and ready.....chec----whoa!
5:30 is really, really early!!!!
so early in fact, that it is still pitch dark out when he goes to school now.
so i had to take the pictures in the house.

i made him smile by telling him to say the proper name for "weiner". 
 he compromised and told me to stop taking pictures.  through gritted teeth...
we're even!!!!
have a great year buddy.  i love you!   ..don't let high school make you grow up too fast...
promise me, okay? 


2 comments:

Amy Chalmers said...

oh this is so sweet, reminds me of going through this before...no way to stop the clock though. my kids are older now, but not me!

Kelly said...

You look handsome Buddy!! Sorry Cindy. I know it's tough. It is for me too. Pretty soon, Austen's going to be driving himself to school!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails